National Centre For Non Destructive Testing
- Eddy Current Testing
- Concrete Testing
- Magnetic Particle Testing
- Visual Testing
- IR Thermography Testing
- Industrial Radiography
- Ultrasonic Testing
- Certification of Personnel for NDT Tasting
- Magnetic Particle Testing (MT) Level 1,2,3
- Liquid Penetrant Testing (PT) Level 1,2,3
- Eddy Current Testing (ET) Level 1,2,3
- Radiographic Testing (RT) Level 1,2,3
- Ultrasonic Testing (UT) Level 1,2,3
National Centre for Non-Destructive Testing (NCNDT) of Sri Lanka Atomic Energy Board (SLAEB) is the pioneer NDT Service provider in Sri Lanka. It provides NDT training and inspection services to government and private sector industries, and welder qualification and certification services. Also, the NCNDT facilitates the Certification Body for Non Destructive Testing (CBNDT-Sri Lanka)
National Centre for Non Destructive Testing (NCNDT) was established as a separate centre at No. 977/18, Bulugaha Junction, Kandy Road, Kalaniya in 2014 with well-equipped laboratories with a view to expand the Non Destructive Testing services to the nation. It operates to fulfil the objectives mentioned in paragraphs 3(a) and 3(e) in the Sri Lanka Atomic Energy Act No. 40 of 2014.
Para. 3(a): promote and encourage the peaceful application of nuclear technology and provide services using such technology.
Para. 3(e) engage in activities involving ionizing radiation and complementary techniques, for commercial or other purposes.
Non Destructive Testing (NDT) is a process of physical inspection of materials without causing any damage or harmful consequence to the material. It is widely used in Industry for checking quality of the production and also as part of routine inspection and in service maintenance. Therefore NDT is a tool to assure the quality of industrial components, assemblies and structures. Hence the obvious and clear benefits of using NDT is the identification of defects, if remain unchanged could result in a catastrophic failure which would be very costly and could cause loss of lives and machinery.
- Safety, Security and Sustainability:
- Ensuring safe, secure and environmentally friendly utilization of Non Destructive Technology and contributing to sustainable development of the country.
- Integrity and openness:
- Building trust and respect with our stakeholders obtaining services.
- Collaboration and Responsiveness:
- Understanding national and international needs, fostering cooperation and teamwork with stakeholders, embracing new ideas and recognizing new trends.
- Competence and Professionalism:
- Nationally and internationally trained ISO 9712 qualified and certified staff striving to improve standards expertise and delivery to our stakeholders.